Free Hearing Check
Clients can take a free hearing check on the technology wall at our clinics. It takes less than 5 minutes to perform the self-assessment and no appointment is necessary.
The hearing check adjusts results for the effects of background noise, so is accurate even within noisy shopping centres.
If you show signs of a significant hearing loss, you will be offered a comprehensive evaluation with one of our fully-qualified and Medicare-registered professionals. Our trained and friendly front-office staff will assist you at every step.
Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
When a comprehensive hearing assessment is required, every possible step is taken to ensure a full and proper diagnosis. This includes:
- Pure Tone Audiometry: The purpose of the test will find the quietest sounds that you can hear at the full range of frequencies common to human speech, usually 250 Hz to 8000 Hz.
- Bone Conduction Audiometry: Comparing results to Pure Tone Audiometry will indicate if any hearing loss could be attributed to fluid in the middle ear, excessive wax, a perforated tympanic membrane, or that the bones of the middle ear are not functioning normally.
- Speech tests: Determine how clearly someone can understand speech, when visible cues such as lip-reading are removed and involve using common lists of words played (or spoken) at a constant volume that are appropriate to the client’s hearing loss.
- Video Otoscopy: using the latest high-resolution Video Otoscope, “VIOT” from Interacoustics, which provides high-definition images of the ear canal and eardrum.
- Tympanometry: Measures the movement and flexibility of the tympanic membrane to identify whether it is moving normally.
GP or Specialist Report
We are happy to supply copies of the report, including otoscope images, to referring GP’s and ENT specialists to help in their diagnosis and treatment of various medical conditions.
- $99 for non-pensioners
- FREE for pensioners*
* Terms and conditions apply. Check in-store for eligibility.
Tinnitus Evaluation and Tinnitus Treatment Plans
If you are struggling with tinnitus, we offer comprehensive assessments, consultations, and treatment plans. Read more here.
Tympanometry eustachian tube dysfunction tests
The Interacoustics AT 285 is a diagnostic middle-ear analyser. It has variable probe tones, a 286 Hz probe tones for adults, and a high frequency 1000 Hz probe tone for children.
High-frequency tympanometry is recommended for children as their ear canals are not fully developed and normal tympanometry fails to give out accurate results using standard probe tones. Ipsilateral and Contralateral reflex tests are available to help in the diagnosis of retro-cochlear disorders.
Come in for a FREE Hearing Check today!
Next time you’re in the area of one of our centres at Tweed City Shopping Centre, Victoria Point Shopping Centre, or Runaway Bay Shopping Centre, just pop in and one of our friendly team will walk you through it. You will even receive a free hearing report with your results.
Request a Comprehensive Hearing Assessment
If results of your Free Hearing Check indicate a hearing issue, we’ll book you in for full assessment with one of our audiologists. This service is free for Centrelink Pension Card holders and DVA Veterans. For Self-funded retirees and the general adult public we charge a nominal fee for a full hearing assessment. It will includes:
- Video Otoscopy
- Wax Removal
- Audiometry Assessment
- Discussion of results and next steps
- Comprehensive Report
- Australian Audiology also performs Paediatric hearing tests for children over the age of 12.