Advancements in circuitry miniaturisation have led to the development of Invisible-In-the-Canal (IIC) hearing aids. The IIC is suitable if you have a mild to moderately-severe hearing loss.
The IIC has a custom made shell and all vital electronics are placed individually in the shell. This provides an optimum and small fit deep inside the ear canal. This ensures that no one can actually see that you are wearing a hearing aid.
Invisible In Canal (IIC) hearing aids
Invisible hearing aids sit beyond the first bend of the ear canal, which provides some key benefits:
- They work with the natural way the ear captures sound.
- Being closer to the eardrum improves the perception of your ‘own-voice’.
- You can use headphones, telephones, eye glasses, and wear their hair any way, without any issues.
Although there are no switches or buttons to control hearing aid settings, your IIC hearing aids will adapt automatically to changing listening environments.
Features of IIC hearing solutions
World-leading manufacturers, including Widex, Signia, and Beltone, are leading the way in the development of smaller and smaller solutions. Despite their size, they still boast a range of great features, including:
- Wireless streaming: Clear audio in stereo while streaming TV, music and other media with an intermediary streaming device.
- No buzzing or whistling: Their feedback cancellation system provides feedback-free, comfortable listening all-day long.
- Music: Hear every note the way the artist intended — with pure, refined sound quality.
As they are small, the components required for Bluetooth streaming cannot be placed inbside the device itself. Instead, intermediary streamers, such as this StreamLine mic from Signia, can be kept in your pocket and used to pair your hearing aids to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
Australian Audiology Services can show you a range of invisible hearing devices. We have IIC hearing aids to suit a range of needs and budgets.
Call today to arrange an appointment at one of our centres. Alternatively, complete the form below and we’ll contact you to answer any questions that you may have.