Introducing Signia Primax
Hearing aids that reduce listening effort and outperform normal hearing in noisy environments
By improving sound quality and audibility, and by tailoring settings to the wearer’s individual preference, primax is clinically proven* to lead the world in minimising listening effort. And this comes from the manufacturer who also produced the world’s first technology to enable wearers to understand speech in demanding environments even better than people with normal hearing**.
Listening effort is reduced by making speech understanding easier. In primax hearing aids, this is achieved by selectively activating and steering three key technologies in parallel: Noise reduction, directionality and by steering amplification to target and elevate the dominant speaker over all other sounds in any environment. The manufacturer, Signia, calls this SpeechMaster.
Available in numerous discreet models and technology levels, Signia primax hearing aids offer the following features:
- HD Music: With its High Definition Music program, primax offers wearers three settings for a fuller, richer sound experience. These settings are “Live Music”, “Recorded Music” and “Musician”.
- EchoShield: The primax EchoShield program softens the sounds of voices and noise bouncing off walls. By reducing the reverberation, the direct speech is highlighted, further reducing listening effort.
- easyTek: Connects all Bluetooth-enabled phones to primax hearing aids. This turns them into headsets that offer wireless hands-free operation.
- Remote controllable: Free touchControl App available for iPhone and Android smart phones.
- IP67 Water and dust protection.
If you have ever wondered whether hearing aids could make your life easier, or if there is a better solution for you than your current hearing aids, then this is a great opportunity to find your answer – and it will not cost a thing to be involved!
We are seeking people with hearing difficulties to take part in a Field Trial of devices from the Signia primax range of hearing aids.
Candidates will have a free hearing assessment and consultation at any of our clinics, before being fitted with suitable technology and having the opportunity to wear the hearing aids home for a few days.
How will the process work?
- We will arrange a FREE hearing test and consultation at a time that is convenient for you.
- You will be fitted with technology suitable for your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget. Following a session to familiarise you with functions of the hearing aid, you will able to take them home for a few days.
- Following your Field Trial, you will have the opportunity, if you wish, to trial a different level of technology so that you can evaluate the differences in performance between different levels of hearing device.
- Prior to and following your trial, you will be asked to complete two short surveys to evaluate your expectations and experience.
- While you are under no obligation to purchase, you will be offered a significant discount if you wish to keep your hearing aids – in gratitude for your participation in the trials.
To register your interest, please call us today or complete the form below and we will contact you to arrange your appointment.
* Study conducted at the University of Northern Colorado, 2015. Examined the effectiveness of the new features of primax by collecting and analysing ongoing EEG data while subjects performed speech testing. For key features, the objective brain behaviour measures revealed a significant reduction in listening effort.
** Two clinical studies have shown that binax provides better than normal hearing in certain demanding environments (University of Northern Colorado, 2014; Oldenburg Hörzentrum, 2013): Speech Reception Thresholds (SRT) in cocktail-party situations improved up to 2.9 dB for wearers with mild to moderate hearing loss using Carat binax or Pure binax hearing aids with narrow directionality, compared to people with normal hearing.