The Office of Hearing Services Voucher Scheme provides free hearing tests and hearing aids* to pensioners and veterans, which are available through accredited providers such as Australian Audiology Hearing Specialist.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, 26 years of age and over, meeting one of the following criteria:
- Hold a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Hold a Gold Health Repatriation Card
- Hold a White Health Repatriation Card (specifying hearing loss)
- Receive the Centrelink Sickness Allowance
You may also be eligible if you are:
- A dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- An active member of the Defence Force
- A Client of CRS Australia
Benefits provided to clients under the scheme
Most services and hearing aids under the program are free. If your needs require a device outside of these free options, your provider may arrange this with the Office of Hearing Services.
There may also be situations where you may incur additional costs, such as:
- “Top-up” devices: Client contributes to the cost in order to obtain more advanced hearing aids.
- Hearing aid maintenance program: Clients can opt to pay a maintenance fee that covers: service, repairs, and batteries for your hearing device.
- Replacement fees: If you lose your hearing device or it is damaged, you need to contact your hearing services provider.